Metal Type for front plate when choosing Rear Bend Rackmount ?

For general Protocase Designer questions. Anything and everything about Protocase Designer except support questions.

Moderators: Colin, dronne, mpyne, akirk, mrodden

secarica

Metal Type for front plate when choosing Rear Bend Rackmount ?

Post by secarica »

When choosing Rackmount for a new design, I can select the Front Panel Metal Type. However, when choosing Rear Bend Rackmount, this option does not exist.

This is a limitation of the program, or a manufacturing limitation ? If the former, how can I specify – for example – Aluminium ?

And a collateral question: in case I would like aluminium and in case I would like anodizing process for it, how can I specify this and the desired anodizing colour ?

Thank you,
Cristi

mpyne
Site Admin

Re: Metal Type for front plate when choosing Rear Bend Rackmount ?

Post by mpyne »

Hello Cristi,

Rear Bend Rackmount is missing this feature just because we wanted to see how popular different MetalTypes on normal Rackmount would be. We should have have no issue with changing it for you. Add a note to the part to let us know.

For anodizing, I would suggest doing a similar thing as for the MetalType. Just add a note to the part about wanting anodizing and what color. Here is a link for anodizing https://www.protocase.com/products/mate ... dizing.php. From here you can figure out the colors from there.

Thanks,
Matt