4K display issue

For general Protocase Designer questions. Anything and everything about Protocase Designer except support questions.

Moderators: Colin, dronne, mpyne, akirk, mrodden

Frozen001

4K display issue

Post by Frozen001 »

Just installed Protocase designer on Win10 with dual 4K monitors. The UI is just plain bad, and even the area where the enclosure is displayed is not working properly.

here is a capture of it full-screen

Notice, only part of the editor windows works, the fonts and toolbar icons are huge. When setting up I had the option for "low resolution" monitors or "medium resolution" monitors. I tried adjusting the font size and button size in preferences, and I got this, but the text is "fuzzy" now that it is a reasonable size on some of the tool bars, but the right side of the editor is still not being used and not all of the fon sizes changed.

Any fix for this?

mpyne
Site Admin

Re: 4K display issue

Post by mpyne »

Hello Frozen001,

The reason for UI issues is because it gets scaled by Windows auto scaling feature for high dpi screens. We have a fix for this coming soon and it will fix all the issues you mentioned. The fix should be out soon and I'll make sure a post is made to let you know. In the meantime you can turn Windows scaling back 100% but beware this will effect your other applications.

Best Regards,
Matt

mpyne
Site Admin

Re: 4K display issue

Post by mpyne »

Hello Frozen001,

We just made a release(5.3.21) with a fix for this. You will notice the buttons are small. To fix the small buttons just go into Preferences and choose the Standard size option.

Post if you need help and I will get back to you as soon as I can. :)

Thanks,
Matt