Mouse Pointer Bug With Windows Scaling

For general Protocase Designer questions. Anything and everything about Protocase Designer except support questions.

Moderators: Colin, dronne, mpyne, akirk, mrodden

Masonrf

Mouse Pointer Bug With Windows Scaling

Post by Masonrf »

Hello,

When using protocase designer I am having problems with the mouse pointer displaying in a different location than where protocase registers it is located. This seems to occur in every window that I have used so far in protocase designer. It can be fixed by turning scaling in Windows settings back to 100% (I keep it at 125% because of my monitors) which isn't a ton of hassle, but its still a bit annoying.

Here is a picture of it. The location of the mouse pointer in the protocase window always stays at a fixed distance and direction away from where the mouse pointer actually is.
https://imgur.com/a/5kqGMAL

mrodden

Re: Mouse Pointer Bug With Windows Scaling

Post by mrodden »

Hi Masonrf,

I wasn't able to reproduce the issue.

What version of Designer are you using?
The latest version is 5.2. If you are using an older version, try downloading that and see if it resolves your issue.

Here's the link
https://www.protocasedesigner.com/download/

Please let us know if you continue to have an issue.

Thanks,

Mark

Masonrf

Post by Masonrf »

Hello,

Yes, I have the newest version. I reinstalled it just to be sure.
I found that checking the "Use 2D Software Rendering" option fixes the problem in the Edit Face window. Even after restarting protocase, the main window still has an offset. Both the windows cursor and the protocase cursor appear to be in the same spot, however when I click on an object where the cursor appears to be, what is actually selected is still affected by the offset.
Maybe a combination of windows scaling and 3D acceleration is causing the problem?

Thanks,
Mason

mrodden

Post by mrodden »

Hey Mason,

It does sound like the scaling may have exaggerated a slight offset that was there before.

We'll look into it, and get back to you with any information we find.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Mark

3dWorld

Post by 3dWorld »

Sometimes, I face the same issue.

mpyne
Site Admin

Post by mpyne »

Hello 3DWorld,

We fixed an issue an windows when scaling is applied. Usually windows will do this automatically if you have any resolution over 1080p. I have seen it mostly happen with those users which have 4k screens.

Try the latest release because I think your issue will be solved. You will probably have to go into preference dialog and adjust your display to medium size.

If the issue persists or you have another question let me know.

Thanks,
Matt