Adding Rack Ears to 2U Extruded Aluminum Enclosure

For general Protocase Designer questions. Anything and everything about Protocase Designer except support questions.

Moderators: Colin, dronne, mpyne, akirk, mrodden

tegtmeyerm

Adding Rack Ears to 2U Extruded Aluminum Enclosure

Post by tegtmeyerm »

New user to Protocase Designer.

The Protocase website suggests that it is possible to modify the 2U extruded aluminum enclosure front panel to extend the full 19" and add holes for rack ears. It isn't clear to me how to accomplish this. Can anyone point me to a resource that will show me how? Thanks!

mpyne
Site Admin

Re: Adding Rack Ears to 2U Extruded Aluminum Enclosure

Post by mpyne »

Hello tegtmeyerm,

Protocase Designer doesn't have this ability yet. Sorry. It is great thing to add to the software in the future. Personally I didn't even know this was something we promote and am the lead developer. Haha. Short story is sometimes our manufacturing capabilities exceed what Protocase Designer can do.

In this case we have a couple of options.
1.) You can proceed with the order from Protocase Designer just add additional notes explaining what you want done and we will read these notes. We will get back to you in 24 hours to work these details out.
2.) Send your file, where you are from, and what you want to do to the email "info@protocase.com" and someone will contact you. They will help you out.

Matt