Dimension font size and settings

For general Protocase Designer questions. Anything and everything about Protocase Designer except support questions.

Moderators: Colin, dronne, mpyne, akirk, mrodden

sdoyle

Dimension font size and settings

Post by sdoyle »

The font on the dimensions are huuuge!
I know I can change the text size of a dimension. But I have to do it over and over.
Is there a way to make the dimension font default size to something else?

I can't get a believable dimension easily. I need to verify that the shape is the correct dimension.
Is there a way to make the dimension tool to draw orthogonal? I'm not always sure I'm hitting the proper point. Is there a better snap setting or something?

Using Win10, Protocase 4.9.7.

Any suggestions cheerfully accepted,
Steve

mpyne
Site Admin

Re: Dimension font size and settings

Post by mpyne »

Hey Steve,

I was playing around with the dimension tool to see if I could give you some help. To be honest It seemed to work fairly good in my case. It may help if you can give more details on what exactly you were working on? You can send me your file and i'll try it out and get back to you.

Some background on dimension lines. The text is displayed in the coordinate system of the part you are working on. This means large parts will need larger fonts in order for it be viewable unless you zoom in on the text.

On similar note we have been talking about creating the ability to have font so it is based on screen and would essential work like Microsoft Word. This would solve your problem but it isn't complete yet.

Matt

sdoyle

Re: Dimension font size and settings

Post by sdoyle »

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your response.

Frequently I can't get the dimension to snap to a precise point. Also I frequently have difficulty trying to parallel or perpendicular to a line.

The problem comes into play when I import a cutout and I'm trying to verify a size. Maybe instead of trying to dimension, the cutout properties could include the dimensions.

I worked around it by exporting it back out and checking it.

5/6 Additional note: after playing with dimensions some more I seemed to have better luck. Perhaps I need practice and/or am used to other CAD program. Thanks Matt!

Steve