LInux Installation

For general Protocase Designer questions. Anything and everything about Protocase Designer except support questions.

Moderators: Colin, dronne, mpyne, akirk, mrodden

nawsom

LInux Installation

Post by nawsom »

I am having trouble installing and running Protocase Designer software on Ubuntu 18. I have installed Java, but keep getting errors.

nawsom

Re: LInux Installation

Post by nawsom »

I install oracle Java 11 as per the known issues, and I have a ATI video card so shouldn't have a nouveau issues as it wouldn't be installed, but receiving the following errors:

<error.log>
WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by com.protocase.io.NativesLoader (file:/usr/local/lib/Protocase%20Designer/jdesigner.jar) to field java.lang.ClassLoader.loadedLibraryNames
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of com.protocase.io.NativesLoader
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release

<debug>@com.protocase.utils.StringHelpers.numberFormatParse [Failed to parse as double: Has Seam Welds]
<debug>@com.protocase.utils.StringHelpers.numberFormatParse [Unparseable number: "Has Seam Welds"]
<debug>@com.protocase.space.Value.setParameterSet [Shouldn't get this error in setParser - should always set parser first then valstr]
<debug>@com.protocase.designer.reflection.YAMLPersister.extractSingleMapObject [should only be one item for a field, cannot store maps.]
<debug>@com.protocase.utils.StringHelpers.numberFormatParse [Failed to parse as double: Passivation]
<debug>@com.protocase.utils.StringHelpers.numberFormatParse [Unparseable number: "Passivation"]
<debug>@com.protocase.utils.StringHelpers.numberFormatParse [Failed to parse as double: Passivation]
<debug>@com.protocase.utils.StringHelpers.numberFormatParse [Unparseable number: "Passivation"]
<debug>@com.protocase.utils.StringHelpers.numberFormatParse [Failed to parse as double: Cover Thickness]
<debug>@com.protocase.utils.StringHelpers.numberFormatParse [Unparseable number: "Cover Thickness"]
<debug>@com.protocase..........

mrodden

Re: LInux Installation

Post by mrodden »

Hi Nawsom,

Could you confirm the version of Java you installed? It looks like there is an issue with our software and Java 9, as there are significant changes to the way different packages can communicate with each other.

Try installing Java 8, and let us know if you are still having an issue.

Thanks,
Mark
Protocase
Software Developer