How to remove a subassembly?

For general Protocase Designer questions. Anything and everything about Protocase Designer except support questions.

Moderators: Colin, dronne, mpyne, akirk, mrodden

hwhale

How to remove a subassembly?

Post by hwhale »

I have an enclosure to which I have successfully added a sub-assembly - a cover plate - to the front panel. I need to remove that sub-assembly, and then add a different one. How can I remove the sub-assebmbly currently attached to the front panel?
2RU, 19" rackmount enclosure with a rear bend.

mrodden

Re: How to remove a subassembly?

Post by mrodden »

Hi hwhale,

If the cover plate covers the full front face, it'll be a little trickier to edit that face.

There are two options though.

Under Edit, click show Part Tree
In the tree click on front panel, then edit face. (Shown in the attached file)
Select the outline of the cover plate, and either move it, or delete it, as needed.

The other option is to click edit face on the rear of the front panel, and in the face editor, click the outside button in the toolbar at the top. This will show you the front face, where you can access the outline of the cover plate.

Give that a try, and let us know how it goes.

Thanks for using Designer!

mrodden
Attachments
part tree.PNG
part tree.PNG (13.35 KiB) Viewed 3596 times

hwhale

Re: How to remove a subassembly?

Post by hwhale »

Thank you, mrodden! Both of your solutions worked just fine, once I realized I had to edit the face to which the subassembly was attached. I had previously been selecting the subassembly itself when using edit face.
Bonus - I was able to figure out how to align PEMs in the subassembly with holes in the front face.
BTW I tried this in v 4.7.12 and in v 4.7.13 - worked fine in both.
Thanks again!