Relative pricing

For general Protocase Designer questions. Anything and everything about Protocase Designer except support questions.

Moderators: Colin, dronne, mpyne, akirk, mrodden

Panometric

Relative pricing

Post by Panometric »

I am designing a 1U rackmount case, where cost is very important. There are so many choices and I cannot easily see how the price is effected. Which are the most economical 1U 16.125x8" :

Type: Extruded (A,B,C,D,E,F) , Rackmount or rear bend rackmount?
Finish (Black): Sandtex, Full Gloss or Flat?
Side Finish: How much does no finish save?

Colin

Re: Relative pricing

Post by Colin »

Hi Panometric,

I've received a response from our lead sales manager regarding your questions. The most accurate and easiest way to see the price difference would be to use the 'instant quote' function on each design you are considering(see documentation here: http://www.protocasedesigner.com/wiki/i ... tant_Quote).

The short answers:
extrusions C,D,E and F would be the cheapest. Rear bend rackmount is cheaper than normal rackmount.

No finish is cheaper than having a powdercoat but you'd have to instant quote to determine how much cheaper. There shouldn't be any difference between color types.

If you have any further questions, feel free to email us directly at designer@protocase.com

Colin

Panometric

Post by Panometric »

Thanks, that should save some time from having to run lots of instant pricing. It might help if these pricing formulas were published rather than having to use the software to reverse engineer them. :)

Colin

Post by Colin »

Hey Panometric,

I understand what you mean. Because everything we manufacture is custom, and our pricing is rather complex, it is difficult to publish a simple list of pricing formulas. That said, we appreciate the feedback, and I’ve asked the sales/marketing teams to look into producing some technical guides on different ways to create cost-effective designs.