Protocase Designer 4.6.10 issues

For general Protocase Designer questions. Anything and everything about Protocase Designer except support questions.

Moderators: Colin, dronne, mpyne, akirk, mrodden

JRiggles

Protocase Designer 4.6.10 issues

Post by JRiggles »

I just installed 4.6.10 over an older 4.5.2 installation on Windows 10, and I'm having a few issues. One: when I try to create a new enclosure, the "new Assembly from Template" window just hangs there indefinitely, and nothing happens (just a spinner cursor). Two: When I try to convert an older enclosure design to open in 4.6.10, the conversion will process but the enclosure is not rendered in the window anywhere - resetting the view does not help, and I can't transfer the design to a new enclosure. :(

I've tried uninstalling my old install and reinstalling the newest version, and I've tried a completely clean install of the newest version, and I've tried selecting "Run as Administrator"...all to no avail.

Any help you can offer is much appreciated, since I can't seem to downgrade back to 4.5.2!

Thanks,

J.

Colin

Re: Protocase Designer 4.6.10 issues

Post by Colin »

Hey JRiggles,

We definitely want to help get these issues sorted out. Could you please attempt to recreate both these issues and then send us the debug.* logs in the ProtocaseDesigner directory (usually found under /Documents/ProtocaseDesigner). With the information in these logs we should be able to find and solve the issue to get you up and running again.

You can either upload the files to this thread, or feel free to email them to us at designer@protocase.com

We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the inconvenience.

Colin

JRiggles

Post by JRiggles »

Hey Colin,

I've sent the debug files to the email address you provided. Any help you can offer is much appreciated!

- John

dronne

Post by dronne »

Hello John,
We are working hard to solve a few strange Windows 10 issues and will let you know when we have something!

My apologies for the trouble,
--Douglas Ronne
Lead Developer

dronne

Post by dronne »

It turns out that Windows 10 is not the issue, (there were some issues with Windows 10 in tablet mode but nothing major).

We upgraded our OpenGL libraries used for display, and there are some compatibility issues with older graphics cards. We are currently working on this situation and will hopefully have it resolved soon.

Sincerely,
--Douglas Ronne
Lead Developer