Designing A Custom PC case HAF Style

For general Protocase Designer questions. Anything and everything about Protocase Designer except support questions.

Moderators: Colin, dronne, mpyne, akirk, mrodden

MaverickWolfe

Designing A Custom PC case HAF Style

Post by MaverickWolfe »

Hi, I have a bit of an issue with the Protocase designer, I am Wanting to design A case that by REAL height is at least 3.5ft tall 12 inches wide and from front to back at least 34" From Drive bay side to Motherboard and PCI expansion side. It needs to have at least 9 expansions, Dual 140mm fans on the ATX side of the case and room up top for at least two 230mm fans or a maximum of a 4x140mm radiator or 4 140mm fans. with holes of course all the way down to 92 and 80MM on the top. It must be able to mount an ATX power supply at the bottom with this being a full single prototype case including the sides which the right side must have a window cutout as well as the motherboard tray be able to accommodate E-ATX motherboards and a very generous CPU cutout. It must also have spots for cable management just like a HAF X or HAF932 I will need spots for at least 5 5.25" drives and an option for 3.5 and 2.5" drives. But I see no way to design this within the Designer software. I also plan on putting this thing on 2" heavy duty casters or default with some nice 2-3" tall stereo type feet. The bottom also must have ventilation as well as the front area needs to be able to house at least one if not TWO 230mm, fans with appropriate sizing for 140 and 120MM fans or radiators. Think of the HAF X now as it is except in a super tower size. I'm imagining at least 2-4 inches between the top of the case and the top edge of the motherboard, maybe larger for some extra clearance so that the largest CPU coolers can be used in the case. I have no Idea how to draw this with the current limitation of the ATX setup you have now. Do I need to speak with someone about this over the phone so they can help me visualize exactly what I have in mind?

dronne

Re: Designing A Custom PC case HAF Style

Post by dronne »

Hello,
9 expansion cards is not standard atx, we do not have a template that will do that. If you wish to use Protocase Designer your best bet is to use an L-Shape enclosure to design everything you can, then when you order put in a note for the extra stuff you need added like the shelf for the expansion slots (and maybe the slots themselves and the standoffs for the board - it would be good to provide specs for the board itself since it doesn't sound like a standard atx board)

Or if you would rather we design it our design team uses SolidWorks and can whip it up for you in short order (contact sales@protocase.com if you wish to go this route - their rates are very reasonable!)

If you are having a hard time figuring out how to use designer, we do have a series of tutorials and help at http://www.protocasedesigner.com/wiki

Hope that helps!
Sincerely,
--Douglas Ronne
Lead Developer