"ProtocaseDesigner" is damaged and can't be opened.

For general Protocase Designer questions. Anything and everything about Protocase Designer except support questions.

Moderators: Colin, dronne, mpyne, akirk, mrodden

federicohyo

"ProtocaseDesigner" is damaged and can't be opened.

Post by federicohyo »

Hi all,

I just downloaded Protocase designer for mac os x but I can't get it to run.
I am working on Mac Os X Sierra and after I have downloaded and dragged the ProtocaseDesigner Application into my disk, when I double click on it I see the error message: "" "ProtocaseDesigner" is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to the Thrash. ""

Do you happen to know how to solve this issue? I have a design I made last year and I would like to modify it before re-submitting my order.

thank you for your support!

Colin

Re: "ProtocaseDesigner" is damaged and can't be opened.

Post by Colin »

Hey federicohyo,

The way to solve this issue is to change the security settings in Gatekeeper to 'allow apps downloaded from mac store and identified developers'. On some installations of Protocase Designer this may need to be 'allow apps downloaded from anywhere'.

Since you are running Sierra, you will need to do an additional step before you change the settings. Open the ‘Terminal’ app, and enter the command “sudo spctl --master-disable” , hit enter then authenticate with an admin password. Here is a reference for the steps I just mentioned: http://osxdaily.com/2016/09/27/allow-ap ... atekeeper/

Colin