How can I place my bracket in my enclosure?

For general Protocase Designer questions. Anything and everything about Protocase Designer except support questions.

Moderators: Colin, dronne, mpyne, akirk, mrodden

strunberg

How can I place my bracket in my enclosure?

Post by strunberg »

I used the bracket the base offset bracket to create a specialized PSU cover. How can I take that bracket and place it in my enclosure model?

Does the proto-case designer give me the ability to place hinges and feet on my enclosure model? I would like to open my computer case enclosure like a two door cabinet from the front, and I would like to model that.

dronne

Re: How can I place my bracket in my enclosure?

Post by dronne »

So the steps are as follows:
  1. Create or Load your bracket
  2. Identify a face that will be mated to the other part when you join them (we will call this the mated face)
  3. in the 3D editor, select the create sub-assembly button or menu item
    • (Cutout Library->Create Sub-Assembly)
  4. click on the face that is going to be the mated face
    • enter any identifying names and such for your bracket. When you select OK it is then in the part library
  5. Open or Create the main design
  6. Edit the face that will contain the bracket with the edit face button or menu item
  7. In the cutout library or cutout library menu find your bracket and select it to place
  8. place this bracket in your face where that mate should be. Sometimes you may have to use the rotate tool on the right after placing it to get it oriented correctly. You may have to accept the changes to go back to the 3D view a couple times to get it right.
Please note there have been some bracket and bracket placement fixes in recent betas so please use this beta version rather than the current release version:
http://www.protocasedesigner.com/wiki/i ... s_Released

We do not currently model hinges or feet. We do carry these things and can install them but you will have to use the notes feature to add hinges or rubber feet. I recommend placing Construct objects where you wish these things to be in your design and placing the note on the construct item so that you we can get the positioning exactly as you want it (from the construct item)
http://www.protocasedesigner.com/wiki/i ... ding_notes
--Douglas Ronne
Lead Developer

strunberg

Post by strunberg »

Thank you for your quick support

Is there a way I could Power supply's dimensions d without needing to go back to the original file, edit its dimensions, and use the steps you gave me?

dronne

Post by dronne »

Hello,
Yes there is a new feature in our current beta. If you edit the face the footprint is placed in, and select the footprint, then click [Edit Footprint Options] in the context toolbar on the right then it will allow you to change the parameters for the footprint.

If you don't have this option check out our current beta at http://www.protocasedesigner.com/wiki/i ... s_Released
--Douglas Ronne
Lead Developer