Flat panel with flanges? & ATX template question

For general Protocase Designer questions. Anything and everything about Protocase Designer except support questions.

Moderators: Colin, dronne, mpyne, akirk, mrodden

HumboldtEF

Flat panel with flanges? & ATX template question

Post by HumboldtEF »

I'm designing a PC case which will be built around an extruded aluminum frame. I have plans for the sides but I will need 4 panels to finish the rest of the enclosure (front & back, top & bottom).

I'm not quite sure what template to start with though. If I could add some flanges or mounting tabs to a flat panel template I should be set, is that possible? I did find an older forum post that said to just note a flange on the order, is that still the way to do this?

I was also curious if there are any templates that would allow me to combine an ATX motherboard tray and a rear i/o panel, basically an L shaped panel (hopefully with mounting tabs or flanges)? I've found the cutouts for the ATX board and the pci slots I'm just not sure how to get them setup on the same L shaped piece.

Thanks

Colin

Re: Flat panel with flanges? & ATX template question

Post by Colin »

Hi HumboldtEF,

Protocase Designer does not have the ability to add flanges. You can still have the templates customized by adding notes.

For your second item, I would recommend using the L-bracket template. Add the mounting layout for the motherboard, and the appropriate io cutouts. I would make a note on the template for such things as "add a mounting tab for the pci cards".

Are you using the ATX PCI cutout from our library? Here is the documentation on using the cutout library: http://www.protocasedesigner.com/wiki/i ... ut_Library

Colin