Design Rule Check Errors

For general Protocase Designer questions. Anything and everything about Protocase Designer except support questions.

Moderators: Colin, dronne, mpyne, akirk, mrodden

SimonP

Design Rule Check Errors

Post by SimonP »

Hi,
I have my design finished and have obtained an instant quote.
However I am getting the following design errors:
Circle - Objects of type EXCLUSION should not intersect with objects of type CUTOUT. (3 times)
Large Rackmount Handle Holes - Objects of type CUTOUT should not intersect with objects of type EXCLUSION. (8 times)
Large Rackmount Handle Holes - Objects of type Footprint should not intersect with objects of type EXCLUSION. (4 times)

I thought some of those errors may be due to grouped items having an origin within a red shaded area, but ungrouping those items did not change the errors.

Clicking "Display Error" does not highlight the individual error as far as I can tell.

Should I just proceed to the next step of actually placing the order

Also,
I tried creating a new case of similar type in an attempt to determine the problem, but there is a problem with the entry of the "U" height.
When I enter 10, the number changes to 17.5 and I get a message saying maximum height is 10U.

This case was originally created with an earlier version of the designer on my old computer.

dronne

Re: Design Rule Check Errors

Post by dronne »

The size restriction has been fixed in the version on the page

http://www.protocasedesigner.com/wiki/i ... s_Released

We have also fixed some of the design check errors so this may deal with your issue (it sounds like you are getting false design check results).
--Douglas Ronne
Lead Developer