Self-clinching standoff problems

For general Protocase Designer questions. Anything and everything about Protocase Designer except support questions.

Moderators: Colin, dronne, mpyne, akirk, mrodden

gwwaterman

Self-clinching standoff problems

Post by gwwaterman »

I have a threaded standoff located at 0,0 on the base plate of a 2U chassis. I cannot seem to get rid of it.
PEM_at_0-0.jpg
PEM_at_0-0.jpg (8.82 KiB) Viewed 5068 times
Also, after editing a drawing to change from standard PEMs to blind stainless threaded standoffs,they no longer show in the 3D view. In the attached view, the 4 holes in the square pattern are BSO4-440-12 although they appear as simple holes. The 2 that are visible as standoffs are TSOS-256-500 and they appear properly.
PEMs_Not_Visible.jpg
PEMs_Not_Visible.jpg (7.2 KiB) Viewed 5070 times

Colin

Re: Self-clinching standoff problems

Post by Colin »

Hello gwwaterman,

the pems not showing up in the 3D view was a bug in earlier versions. Although they are not shown, they are still in your file. If you reload the file they should show up again. Either way, this should cause no problems when ordering your enclosure.

For the problem with the standoff you are unable to remove, this is another bug encountered when placing a pem/standoff then clicking 'X' instead of the green check mark. In order to fix this, I will need to see your .pda file so that I can remove it from the file. You can either upload the file to this thread, or email it to cpoushay@protocase.com and I will remove it.

gwwaterman

Post by gwwaterman »

Both of these problems seemed to have self-healed when the machine was restarted. Reloading the file didn't do it, but restarting the machine did. Perhaps I could have simply re-started the application, IDK. The stand-offs appear as they should now and mystery stand-off @0,0 is gone.

During the process of sending in the .pda file for quote I was informed of having used a version or 2 too old. I have since updated.

Thank you Colin for your assistance.

dronne

Post by dronne »

I am glad the problem has been resolved, please let us know if you have any other issues!
--Douglas Ronne
Lead Developer