special text character, circle R

For general Protocase Designer questions. Anything and everything about Protocase Designer except support questions.

Moderators: Colin, dronne, mpyne, akirk, mrodden

protojim15

special text character, circle R

Post by protojim15 »

Is there a way to get special characters in the text, ie. I need a Registered trademark, circle R, to print on the front panel that I am creating. Could anyone point where that info is or destructions on how to do it?

Thanks,

protojim15

protojim15

Re: special text character, circle R

Post by protojim15 »

I tried the Alt code, which does not work, Alt 0174. But, I am not sure if I am doing it right. My guess is it doesn't understand that I am doing it. Maybe there is a library I can pull from?

Thanks,

protojim15

dronne

Post by dronne »

You can copy and paste from something like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U ... tin_script

or the special character palette in windows. In fact I should be able to include the character here.

®

Then you can paste it into the text field on the right properties panel to get it into your design.

Make sure you use a recent version from our beta page at http://www.protocasedesigner.com/wiki/i ... s_Released

in order for special characters to function properly.

I am sorry we don't support the alt+0174 method of entry, it would be nice to have.
--Douglas Ronne
Lead Developer

protojim15

Post by protojim15 »

Duh. Wow, just not thinking its as easy as that.

Thanks much.

dronne

Post by dronne »

No problem, there are a lot of little details like that we just haven't gotten to unfortunately but we try to have an alternative available!

Sincerely,
--Douglas Ronne
Lead Developer