difference on boundary limit between face edit and 3d view

For general Protocase Designer questions. Anything and everything about Protocase Designer except support questions.

Moderators: Colin, dronne, mpyne, akirk, mrodden

secarica

difference on boundary limit between face edit and 3d view

Post by secarica »

The difference is shown in the attached snapshots. When editing, the red part looks far from the upper hole, but in the final design they almost overlap. Who is wrong and who is right ?

Cristi
Attachments
protocase_face_edit.png
protocase_face_edit.png (1.67 KiB) Viewed 10666 times
protocase_3d_view.png
protocase_3d_view.png (2.64 KiB) Viewed 10657 times

Colin

Re: difference on boundary limit between face edit and 3d view

Post by Colin »

Hi Christi,
the red part represents an exclusion zone. In this case, it looks like the exclusion zone is not quite covering the entire flange. The 3D view seems to show it correctly, could you send us (designer@protocase.com) or attach the .pda file you are working with so that I can confirm?

secarica

Post by secarica »

Can you check the .pda from order number K091415039-42618-3 ?

The 3D version seems the correct one since it resembles with the e-drawing, so the the problem appears to be with the marking during face editing.

Cristi

Colin

Post by Colin »

Hey Christi,
sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I looked over the PDA file and confirmed that the red exclusion zone does not match the flange size. Thank you for bringing it to our attention so that I can fix it in the next template update.

Colin

secarica

Post by secarica »

This is still not fixed, or at least the bug looks the same on my same old drawing.

Tried with protocaseDesigner-4.5.3-Mar03,16.exe (the Mar15,16 gives archive integrity check fail or something).

Also the .png graphic export as stated here is still broken.

:?:

Cristi

Colin

Post by Colin »

Hi Christi,

I cannot see the issue with the exclusion zone on the March 03,16 version. I have opened the file from job 42618-3 and the exclusion zone matches the size of the flange. Are you still working with the rackmount template?

For your other issue with exporting the silkscreen, I cannot seem to find any Protocase Designer files with silkscreens in them from your job. Could you please email in the file you are working with directly to myself (cpoushay@protocase.com) or to our Designer team (designer@protocase.com)?
We will look into the issues with your files right away.

Colin

secarica

Post by secarica »

I observed now that there is no need for my previous project, just create a new case, rackmount, edit the bottom side, add a simple circle near the red zone -> in 3D view the circle/hole will come under the bend part of the rear panel. See one of the attached image.

On the same test project, edit rear panel, graphics, export graphics template -> the .png will show an additional garbage on its left side. See the other attached image.

Cristi
Attachments
overlapping.png
overlapping.png (128.47 KiB) Viewed 9736 times
graphics_rear.png
graphics_rear.png (20.9 KiB) Viewed 9741 times

dronne

Post by dronne »

We are currently working on getting these all synced up and apologize for the inconvenience! If there were a conflict, our Engineering and Design Services will notify you with options (move the hole or notch out the flange depending on your needs).

Sincerely,
--Douglas Ronne
Lead Developer

Colin

Post by Colin »

Cristi,

I have fixed the issue you pointed out where the exclusion zone (red area) did not match up between the 2D and 3D view. I was not able to upload it on here due to the size of the file exceeding the maximum size allowed by the forum. I have sent the file to your email address. If you have not received it please let me know.

Colin