Edit enclosure properties - Dimensions

For general Protocase Designer questions. Anything and everything about Protocase Designer except support questions.

Moderators: Colin, dronne, mpyne, akirk, mrodden

SimonP

Edit enclosure properties - Dimensions

Post by SimonP »

Hi,
I'm using version 4.4.5 on WinXP.
Enclosure type is 1U Extruded Aluminium Type B.

I have created my design and while reviewing everything I realized I need to increase the enclosure width and depth by 1mm, for a more comfortable clearance from the end of the PCB.
All cutout, graphics and PEM dimensions relative to the datum will not be affected.

However while I can change the width and depth on the "Edit enclosure properties" form, then click "OK", the dimension has not changed if I open up the form again.

I don't have to start again, do I?

Simon.

DavidH

Re: Edit enclosure properties - Dimensions

Post by DavidH »

Hey,

I don't think that you will need to start again. Can you please download this version of designer and try resizing your enclosure in it?

http://protocasedesigner.com/RELEASE/pr ... -4.4.6.exe

Please, let me know if you have any issues, you can email me directly at david.hines.01@gmail.com or dhines@protocase.com

SimonP

Post by SimonP »

Hi David,
I have downloaded and installed v4.4.6
I tried increasing the width from 425 to 426mm, again nothing had changed when I re-opened the properties window.
However, I then tried changing the width to 430mm, which worked.
I then changed the width to 426mm, which again worked.

Having a play with some values, it seems the software will not accept a change under 3mm.

So the present workaround seems to be to increase the size by (n+3)mm, then decrease the size by 3mm.

Simon.

dronne

Post by dronne »

Very interesting, thank you for noticing this and bringing it to our attention! A very peculiar problem indeed.
--Douglas Ronne
Lead Developer