Problem importing silkscreen bitmap

For general Protocase Designer questions. Anything and everything about Protocase Designer except support questions.

Moderators: Colin, dronne, mpyne, akirk, mrodden

pstang

Problem importing silkscreen bitmap

Post by pstang »

I'm a relatively new user of Protocase Designer and have run into a simple problem: I cannot successfully import bitmaps for silkscreen. I enter face edit mode, switch the default draw type to silkscreen, click the bitmap mode button, and click on my panel face. File chooser appears, I select an image file which is accepted, but then the "busy" icon appears forever and no image is placed. Eventually I can regain control by pressing "ESC". The image file I wish to place is a PNG and contains only two colors.

I have tried the following, all with same exact result:
- above procedure on a completely fresh template design
- PNG, JPG, BMP 24-bit, BMP 8-bit, and BMP monochrome image files
- On Windows 7 using Protocase Designer 4.4.5
- On Mac 10.8 using Protocase Designer 4.4.6

This feels like it must be user error. Any hints?
(I have a debug.log available)

DavidH

Re: Problem importing silkscreen bitmap

Post by DavidH »

Hey,

Can you send me over your debug.0.log and perhaps the file you are trying to attach, along with the file you are trying to attach it to? How recent is your Protocase Designer version?

Thanks,

David H

jasonT

Post by jasonT »

I'm having the exact same issue. I'm running 4.4.5 on win7 x64.

EDIT: Nevermind. I found 4.4.6 hosted on the forums (you should update the link on the main site) and it's working now.

dronne

Post by dronne »

yes, you are correct, the fix lies in getting the latest version. There was a bug introduced in 4.4.5 that should not have gotten by us.

Our Apologies,
--Douglas Ronne
Lead Developer