Rack space cutouts?

For general Protocase Designer questions. Anything and everything about Protocase Designer except support questions.

Moderators: Colin, dronne, mpyne, akirk, mrodden

cgprosystems

Rack space cutouts?

Post by cgprosystems »

Hi i would like to add 2u worth of rackspace on the front of my enclosures to mount a power conditioner and a server chasis. also i want an identical space on the back to mount a rack mounted thermostat and fan enclosure, however there seems to be no cutout for rackspace plus the screw holes. i can make the 19 inch by 3,5 inch cutous, but i wouls have no idea where to put holes to make it work. any help wouls be great!

Thanks in advance!

JL Griffin

cgprosystems

Re: Rack space cutouts?

Post by cgprosystems »

*would lol. typing dificulties. haha

stephenprotocase

Post by stephenprotocase »

Hi JL

I'm trying to figure out what your trying to accomplish here. Are you building an enclosure to attach to a present rack mount or on top of a present rack mount or are you building a whole new rack mount enclosure. Are you extending the front panel an extra 2U? Once I can clarify this then I can be of more assistance.

If you wish you can call me I would like to discuss this with you so I can help you.

Thanks

Stephen MacNeil, B. Eng
Account Manager
Protocase, Inc.

Tel: 1-902-567-3335 ex 435
Fax: 1-902-567-3336
Toll Free: (866) 849-3911 ex 435
Email:smacneil@protocase.com
Web: http://www.protocase.com

cgprosystems

Post by cgprosystems »

Hi and thanks for the reply. ill give you a call in a few minutes here. but i figured id post up a pic of sort of what i want to do for everyone to see so here it is.
Thanks,

JL Griffin
Attachments
attempt.png
attempt.png (41.76 KiB) Viewed 4499 times