Random crashes....

For general Protocase Designer questions. Anything and everything about Protocase Designer except support questions.

Moderators: Colin, dronne, mpyne, akirk, mrodden

chambersj

Random crashes....

Post by chambersj »

So our company has discovered this software and I'm the one that gets to start designing panels and rack mount enclosures. I've been using it most of today and it has randomly crashed on me at least 6 times in about 6 hours... I've lost hours or work. Can you implement some type of auto-save feature.

This is more of a curiosity question, but whey are some of your cutouts dimensioned off of some random point (rack mount holes) and other items are dimensioned off the center?? It is very hard to locate something on a panel accurately when the offset point is not centered.

End rant.

thanks,

Jeremiah

dronne

Re: Random crashes....

Post by dronne »

Hello Jeremiah,
We do have a rudimentary autosave already implemented. However, it only saves whenever you accept changes to a face in the face editor (when you press the green check box in the face editor). If it crashes before you actually save, the file should be available for restoring upon restarting Designer.
I have solved several of the crashing issues as well as some old import issues in the following beta release however:

http://www.protocasedesigner.com/RELEAS ... c-Jan5.exe

please feel free to try it out. It solves several issues including some troubling crashing with ATI video cards.
--Douglas Ronne
Lead Developer