Request for new cutout or how to design custom cutout

For general Protocase Designer questions. Anything and everything about Protocase Designer except support questions.

Moderators: Colin, dronne, mpyne, akirk, mrodden

chambersj

Request for new cutout or how to design custom cutout

Post by chambersj »

Looking to add a cutout to fit the following product:

Canare FJ-JR (75ohm, F Bulkhead Port, Double D Hole Punch)

link to pdf w/ specs: http://www.canare.com/UploadedDocuments/Cat11_p21.pdf

OR... is there a way a can design my own cutout? The dimension of it are 0.440in diameter with 0.366in flats.

thanks,

jeremiah

dronne

Re: Request for new cutout or how to design custom cutout

Post by dronne »

I believe the information you are looking for is found in the following video:

http://www.protocasedesigner.com/resources_video.php

Basically, in the face editor go to the Cutout Manager and select new item. Make the width and height the width and height of the cutout, and the x offset and y offset half that (to place the origin in the center).

Then select the path tool and draw the cutout - it can be helpful to turn on the grid and set a convenient size. If you sketch it close and then grab the point from each section, you can place the points more precisely. Text editing of the coordinates for paths isn't yet implemented but you can edit the file by hand which will be stored in the My Documents\ProtocaseDesigner\library folder as a .pdc file. Or if you need help, write me at dronne@protocase.com
--Douglas Ronne
Lead Developer

chambersj

Post by chambersj »

Just designed my own custom cutout. The directions worked great. Using construct lines really helped also. Thanks!

Jeremiah

dronne

Post by dronne »

Construction lines will be even more useful when I get around to implementing snap to nearest important point! Glad you are getting some use out of this!
--Douglas Ronne
Lead Developer