can't change top color from "Edit Enclosure Properties" menu

For general Protocase Designer questions. Anything and everything about Protocase Designer except support questions.

Moderators: Colin, dronne, mpyne, akirk, mrodden

UTscott

can't change top color from "Edit Enclosure Properties" menu

Post by UTscott »

I'm using protocase designer 4.2.0, and was experimenting with the powder coat color for the top of my enclosure using the "Edit Enclosure Properties" menu. After selecting a few colors, the TopColor option disappeared, and I can no longer change to the top color of my enclosure (see the attached picture). Is there a workaround to change to the top color? Do I have any options, or do I just need to restart from scratch?

Thanks.
Attachments
NoTopColorDropDown.png
NoTopColorDropDown.png (201.23 KiB) Viewed 4535 times

dronne

Re: can't change top color from "Edit Enclosure Properties" menu

Post by dronne »

I believe you will find this fixed as soon as the new version is out. Or if you like, you can download a beta from

http://www.protocasedesigner.com/RELEAS ... -4.2.2.exe
--Douglas Ronne
Lead Developer

UTscott

Post by UTscott »

Great. I'll try the beta version of 4.2.2.

Another work around I figured out is to manually edit the .pda file using a text editor. The .pda file appears to just be an .xml file. If I manually change the TopColor entry to the default value as shown below, the top color is restored to the default, and the menu option returns.

<Parameter default="Use Default" description="the color of the box"
name="TopColor" template="true" units="MetalColor"/>

While this is probably not a "recommended" solution, it may be a helpful work around for computer savvy users.

I correlated the problem to using colors that have hyphens in their name. I'm guessing the xml parser doesn't like parameters with hyphens.

dronne

Post by dronne »

This bug has been fixed in the latest beta:

http://www.protocasedesigner.com/RELEAS ... c-Jan5.exe

you will have to allow it to update your template to the latest version and then the Top Color should become available again.
--Douglas Ronne
Lead Developer