1U Rack Case Cutouts

For general Protocase Designer questions. Anything and everything about Protocase Designer except support questions.

Moderators: Colin, dronne, mpyne, akirk, mrodden

tarkan

1U Rack Case Cutouts

Post by tarkan »

Hi,

I have finished designing my 1U case, sadly I got three panel components that I cannot fit.

I am trying to fit a Neutrik Male XLR panel connector, Schaffner FN9222 IEC inlet and a 30mm FAN cutout. Is it possible to fit these components into a the cases Protocase makes?

regards, Tarkan

dronne

Re: 1U Rack Case Cutouts

Post by dronne »

It can probably be done, but not on a 1U case in protocase designer - the design team will have to look at it and make some modifications to the case most likely. It may be very simple, and it may not. Best way of finding out is to use the "Ask a Question" interface from the help menu and give precise locations of where you would like the cutouts, along with precise descriptions. You could also email your case and the cutouts in question (I don't believe we have a stock 30mm fan though it would be a good one to have) to info@protocase.com. Design services will look at the enclosure and get back to you shortly.

Thank you,
--Douglas Ronne
Lead Developer