Cutout Upload

For general Protocase Designer questions. Anything and everything about Protocase Designer except support questions.

Moderators: Colin, dronne, mpyne, akirk, mrodden

neda

Cutout Upload

Post by neda »

How do I transfer my cutouts from ver 3.13 to ver 4.1.9?
4.1.9 does not see my project, or cutouts that I made in 3.13.
Any help would be appreciated.

dronne

Re: Cutout Upload

Post by dronne »

In Protocase Designer 4, open a file or make a new file. Edit a face, then choose the menu option Cutout Library Manager. In the File menu of the Cutout library manager choose restore library. If you exported the old library to PDL, navigate to where you stored that backup. If not, select "all files" and navigate to c:\Program Files\Protocase Designer\Cutouts (no extension). Select this and say open. All your old cutouts will be under the "Cutouts" menu item in your library manager.

Old projects should be importable as well. When you are in the main designer application, choose file->open and Protocase Designer 3 .cas files will be visible and can be opened. If you have trouble with one, please email the file to info@protocase.com and ask for assistance.

Thank you,
--Douglas Ronne
Lead Developer

neda

Post by neda »

When I choose Restore Library a window pops up saying, "Not Yet Implemented".

dronne

Post by dronne »

Try downloading the latest version then. It has been implemented now.
--Douglas Ronne
Lead Developer

neda

Post by neda »

dronne wrote:Try downloading the latest version then. It has been implemented now.
I downloaded the latest version 3 times, nothing works. My cutouts are stored in a .pdl file,
my computer can't read it, can't find it, doesn't know what to do with it. :!:
When I open version 3. all my cutouts are magically there. I don't get it. :?:

Also, version 4.2 still doesn't recognize my project from version 3. :?:

Talk about a frustrating piece of software. It shouldn't be this difficult :!: :!: :!:

dronne

Post by dronne »

It is possible that there is a problem with a cutout in your library and in your files that is causing the imports to not work. Can you send me the files you are having trouble with? I will get them working.
--Douglas Ronne
Lead Developer