Just installed the latest build and it not launching

For general Protocase Designer questions. Anything and everything about Protocase Designer except support questions.

Moderators: Colin, dronne, mpyne, akirk, mrodden

trinimoses

Just installed the latest build and it not launching

Post by trinimoses »

hi all..

I got windows 7 x64 and i cant get the latest version to start... the debug file has the following error :
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "casegen.py", line 43, in ?
File "OpenGLContext\vectorutilities.pyo", line 2, in ?
File "Numeric.pyo", line 91, in ?
File "multiarray.pyo", line 12, in ?
File "multiarray.pyo", line 10, in __load
ImportError: DLL load failed: The parameter is incorrect.

Please help

dronne

Re: Just installed the latest build and it not launching

Post by dronne »

the first thing to do is make sure your copy of windows supports openGL. Go to http://www.realtech-vr.com/glview/index.html and download and run GLview 3. Very often, video card drivers aren't fully functional in 64 bit windows. However, we have not verified whether our software works on the 64 bit version of windows 7 - I believe we should be able to test that shortly and get back to you. If you could post the glview output here, that would also be helpful.

Thank you,
--Douglas Ronne
Lead Developer

picavision

Post by picavision »

I have the same problem, with the same error log. I am running win 7 x32 though. I have done as suggested and installed openGl 3.35 and still wont launch.... Any suggestions?

dronne

Post by dronne »

Ok, we have identified the problem - One of the libraries we built protocase designer on, python's Numeric package, is broken by windows 7 service pack 1. We are in the process of migrating to python's numpy package to fix this. Hopefully, we will have this done in a day or two.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
--Douglas Ronne
Lead Developer

dronne

Post by dronne »

We have a beta version available for those who have upgraded their windows 7 to service pack 1:

http://www.protocasedesigner.com/RELEAS ... 13Beta.zip

Please let me know if you have any issues with this as it was a fairly intrusive fixe.

Thank you!
--Douglas Ronne
Lead Developer