Problem selecting a face

For general Protocase Designer questions. Anything and everything about Protocase Designer except support questions.

Moderators: Colin, dronne, mpyne, akirk, mrodden

chuck72352

Problem selecting a face

Post by chuck72352 »

When I try and select a face using the "arrow + ?" nothing happens, that is the face isn't selected, and the "arrow + ?" just remains. This didn't start happening until after I saved everything that I had done then reopened it.

I have the same problem with new files also.

Thank you,
Chuck M.

dronne

Re: Problem selecting a face

Post by dronne »

would you mind sending me a copy of the file? I'd like to see if there is something corrupted in it.
--Douglas Ronne
Lead Developer

chuck72352

Post by chuck72352 »

The problem also occurs with a newly opened file.

chuck72352

Post by chuck72352 »

To send you the file I need your email address. When trying to attach it here I get the message: "The extension cas is not allowed".

chuck72352

Post by chuck72352 »

Today after trying several times the problem mysteriously went away. Yesterday and this morning even after a system reboot, the problem persisted. Then early this afternoon I tried it again, and was able to get to the face editor. I have no idea why it's suddenly working, with both my file and with new files.

dronne

Post by dronne »

That is indeed weird. We are in the process of rewriting the application in a more modern language and style. Hopefully the rest of these weird problems will disappear when we are done! You should be able to send me an email by clicking my user name. Alternatively, my username at protocase dot com is my email.

I apologize for the inconvenience!
--Douglas Ronne
Lead Developer