Template Request - Rackmount ATX

Bulletins and Comments about future work on Protocase Designer

Moderators: Colin, dronne, mpyne, akirk, mrodden

Zain

Template Request - Rackmount ATX

Post by Zain »

Can a template for Rackmount ATX enclosures become available for Protocase Designer please? Or is there one already available upon request?

Thanks!

mpyne
Site Admin

Re: Template Request - Rackmount ATX

Post by mpyne »

Hello Zain,

I started writing this reply yesterday and forget to complete it.

Currently we do not have a Rackmount ATX enclosure. We just haven't seen any demand for it. But you can add a ATX pem layout and cutouts from the library. Maybe that is good enough.

Let me know if you need more help.

Matt

Zain

Post by Zain »

Thanks for the reply. I played around with adding the ATX PEM layout and cutouts but couldn't find a good way to add the PCIE flanges to it. File is on my GDrive here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1k8Aas6 ... sp=sharing

Is there a way to do that within PD or is that something that you have to create in more advanced software such as solidworks or inventor?

Also, I tried offsetting the PEM and Mobo so that the PCIE card tabs clear the bottom of the chassis. I believe that would just be taller standoffs. The program resets the offset each time you open the file though, must be it determines it to be an issue and automatically corrects it.

Thanks again.

mpyne
Site Admin

Post by mpyne »

Hello Zain,

I think your best bet is try SolidWorks. Protocase Designer doesn't have ability to modify the number of bends and if you want to add the ledge for the PCI fingers you will need to that.

Best Regards,
Matt