Print To Scale Views

Bulletins and Comments about future work on Protocase Designer

Moderators: Colin, dronne, mpyne, akirk, mrodden

dronne

Print To Scale Views

Post by dronne »

One feature that I would like to add is the ability to print a face with the cutouts to scale. This would allow a person to cut out the cutouts and see if in fact they meet the physical requirements. For instance a board's connectors could be pushed through the holes to see they are in fact the correct size.
--Douglas Ronne
Lead Developer

UCEngnr

Re: Print To Scale Views

Post by UCEngnr »

This is something I would love to be able to use! It would also be great if you could add the option of displaying the cutout coordinates when printing

dronne

Post by dronne »

Hello,
I must apologize for not responding sooner. We had a glitch with the forum and it did not notify me of new posts. I should have been suspicious that there were none however.

We do now have a print to scale feature. Check out the latest beta at

http://www.protocasedesigner.com/RELEAS ... -Nov25.exe

for an up-to-date print to scale. It does not yet allow you to display coordinates but that is coming.

Sincerely,
--Douglas Ronne
Lead Developer

3dtech
Location: MONA TILES COMPOUND, NR. CHHANI CIRCLE, CHHANI ROAD, VADODARA - 390002. GUJARAT, INDIA.

Post by 3dtech »

I would love to be able to use! It would also be great if you could add the option of displaying the cutout coordinates when printing

dronne

Post by dronne »

The print to scale does exist in the current protocase designer. Unfortunately we have not had the opportunity to add dimensioning to it so you have to actually measure features on the printout.

Sincerely,
--Douglas
--Douglas Ronne
Lead Developer