Metric concealed-head standoff rendering issue

Bulletins and Comments about future work on Protocase Designer

Moderators: Colin, dronne, mpyne, akirk, mrodden

dkonigs

Metric concealed-head standoff rendering issue

Post by dkonigs »

When I place imperial concealed-head (CSS) standoffs onto an enclosure, they work correctly. The standoff protrudes from the side its supposed to, and is invisible on the opposite side.

However, when I place a metric concealed-head standoff ("CSS-M3-8" specifically, as its the only one that seems to be normally stocked), it doesn't seem to work correctly. It protrudes as expected on one side, but seems to leave a hole on the other side.

I'm hoping this is a rendering/library bug of some sort, but it still makes me a bit uneasy. The last thing I want is to make an enclosure that has a bunch of holes I don't expect on the top. And I'd kinda like the rendering to be representative of the final product.

mpyne
Site Admin

Re: Metric concealed-head standoff rendering issue

Post by mpyne »

Hello dkonigs,

This is an issue and I just made everyone aware to keep an eye out for metric concealed-head fasteners. It won't affect the order. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Matt

dkonigs

Post by dkonigs »

I just upgraded to Protocase Designer v6.0.59, which seems to finally fix this rendering issue.

Unfortunately, as a side-effect, it is now complaining about pockets and pocket thickness for all of the "CSS-M3-8" parts in my enclosure. Even increasing the enclosure thickness property to the maximum for my material doesn't make these warnings go away.

Is this a bug somewhere that still needs to be fixed?

mpyne
Site Admin

Post by mpyne »

Hello concealed head fasteners come with a pocket. In Protocase Designer we are flagging all designs with pockets so our manufacturing team will know. If the warning/error is about thickness maybe there is a bug but if just says pockets are present it should be fine.